My favourite hobby is reading. When I read something, you might
have some problems in getting into contact with me.
I love books. Here are some very good ones:
- Belgarath the Sorcerer by David and Leigh Eddings - one of the best books I have read for a long time! David Eddings writes very interesting fanfiction. My daughter Hanna has also read Eddings' books and likes them very much.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien - if you have not read this trilogy yet, I strongly recommend you to do so.
- The Power and the Glory, by Graham Greene - a lovely book telling about a Catholic priest in South America with alcohol problems who risks his life to help a person in need.
- Shoes of the Fisherman, by Morris L. West - a very good book that tells about a Russian cardinal elected Pope and how he helps to solve problems, both on a personal and a global level.
- Jean M. Auel (or Untinen-Auel as they say in Finland, Untinen is a Finnish name) has written some nice books about the "Earth's Children", which tell about Ayla and Jondalar in prehistoric Europe.
- Terry Pratchett's books are absolutely hilarious!
- If you know Finnish and would like many good laughs, I can strongly recommend Kaisa Ikola's books about Hullu luokka (The Crazy Class).
Warning! You might get stomach ache from all the laughing!
(As far as I know these books have not yet been translated into English.)
And for your pleasure, here some online newspapers and magazines:
Go to my Quotes page, please.